LESSON 4 : BRIDGING THE GENERATION GAP
Read and write a one-paragraph essay of one aspect of radical changes in Alvin Toffler's book Future Shock. Follow this with a group work and reporting through a 3-minute power-point or video presentation.
>* Future shock noted the changes happened due to the human activities. Though he then spends few chapters recounting examples of phenomenon including the technological transformation but also the cultural changes. Its important to understand some projections because it gives reflection about current state of the world as well as the possibilities in the future. I know that some of us doesn't beleive in predictions. Toffler's work sympathize with those who cant keep the use of technology on provoking how increasing change and technology would affect in 21st century. As he defines , Future Shock is the "disease of change" because of the many changes happens in coming years. He centered on the idea that technology will cause change fast and fast and continuously that the human human cant cope the use of technology.
PREFERENCES OF THE TECHNOLOGY GENERATION
1. In a small groups, assess and report your perception/experience (good and non-good of the Facebook Social media.
>* Facebook is the worlds largest social network. One of the good thing about facebook is that acquires branch to build out conversations team to giving the people the power share and make the world more open and connected. But then Facebook sometimes not good because first Facebook is addicting, use a fake profile and ID which often uses to insult or harassing someone or more of groups and fan pages is being created to abuse or violate other.
2. Prepare a grid chart differentiating the past-30 years old generation and the new digital generation.
PAST 30 YEARS OLD NEW DIGITAL GENERATION
*they only learn using a low tech-materials *they use high tech materials
* low accessing of information * fast accesing of information by the use of
DEVELOPING BASIC DIGITAL SKILLS
Show by way of graphic art illustration the six digital fluencies, adding textual information to support each fluency.
* ability to think creatively, designing appropriate solution
* whole brain thinking
*ability to interpret information in order to extract the essential knowledge.
* team working proficiency, ability to work cooperatively to solve problems and create original products
* ability to look analytically to interpret the real message and create original communications by aligning the message
* is the process by which artistic proficiency adds meaning through design. It use innovative design to add value to the function of a product.
*using guiding principles of leadership, ethics, global citizenship and personal responsibilities.